Egencia is Expedia Group’s business travel company. In the same spirit, we are pioneers in the industry. Always solutions oriented, we value human contact. Egencia's teams collaborate globally to provide business travelers with the best possible user experience every single day.
What you'll do:
- Manage medium to high complexity programs by identifying and delivering against client program goals and objectives
- Main point of contact with client/decision-maker, providing consultative approach to program planning, ensuring client identified clear objectives for the outcome of the meeting, conference or program and figure out steps to ensure objectives are achieved
- Accountability to achieve client satisfaction by facilitating the operational delivery to plan, implement and track successful client programs
- Manage scope creep and find opportunities for additional revenue growth with clients within the program and/or net new opportunities
- Demonstrates value by being solutions oriented and proactive advising client on creative concepts and program design along with standard methodologies in cost savings and other program areas
- Debrief with client on lessons learned and contribute to client business reviews as needed
- Overall direct responsibility for program development and management, execution and of all program aspects including sourcing, logistics, attendee management, budget management, post program reconciliation and onsite execution (where applicable)
- Maintain project management deliverables including the project plan, meeting minutes, and any other documentation related to the management of the program
- Work with product development to integrate recommendations on program based on group history and/or destination knowledge and experience for certain full service programs
- Monitor hotel block and release/add rooms as required to run attrition in line with registration trends
- Plan, lead and control client, project, and supplier contract & payment schedules
- Coordinate the timely completion of third party vendors’ deliverables guaranteeing the client is informed of progress and delivery
- Recommend resolutions to issues and conflicts arising out of the project and dependencies to ensure the project timelines are met; advance to management as appropriate.
- Ability to work with wider team eg. attendee management, group air, holding project team members accountable with timelines, tasks, risks, and issues and/or work independently to successful program delivery.
- Create work change orders for scope changes; ensure client signoff and management visibility
- Builds risk management plans (should weather, or other risk issues) prior to program operation
- Facilitate the creative direction and fulfillment of gifts, host communication materials, onsite materials and other participant/program materials
- Ability to create and update budgets as necessary during planning and prepare the final reconciliation; communicate to the client of changes throughout the program's life
- Enter and update meeting information in meeting management technology including budget information, cost savings, final attendee registration and budget reconciliation
- Reconcile program and supplier bills in accordance with program execution and in keeping with audit and client standards
- Handle timely vendor contracts, and client paid deposit requirements working with operational finance as needed
- Time tracks against tasks and programs; update internal documentation systems as needed
- Flexibility to work lower complexity programs and/or sourcing only programs as needed
- Sources hotels, DMCs and other suppliers using technology tools where applicable
- Actively negotiates on all aspects of program including third party suppliers eg hotel/venue terms and conditions on behalf of the client, driving the highest level of cost savings
- Contracts suppliers/venues using Egencia’s terms and conditions and/or clients T&Cs
- Coordinate onsite staff hiring with management; handles logistical onsite handover documents
- Tracks and communicates a summary of all negotiated savings achieved for the program life
- Facilitates contracts between suppliers and the customer, ensuring the client has full awareness of any specific cancellation and attrition contractual commitments
- Arranges site visit for clients on demand
- Works with convention bureaus and DMC’s to research venues and destinations, including identifying convention dates, citywide dates & savings opportunities, financial incentives for group
- Collects and records final pick up information; advises client on potential room block sourcing to mitigate attrition and improve pick up
- Invoice hotels for commission as required; keep track of commission collection as needed
- Documents cost savings, cost avoidance and lost savings as well as all concession value adds from suppliers
- Adheres to client’s company policies, and preferred supplier agreements
Who you are:
- Minimum 3-5 years high level meeting and events experience (including high touch incentives)
- Event/meeting experience should include sourcing, contracting, contract negotiation, meeting planning, reconciliation and budget management
- Demonstrated commitment to providing outstanding customer service
- Knowledge and experience working with meetings registration tools
- Effective written, communication & presentation abilities
- Excellent time management skills with ability to manage to timelines and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to balance client needs with Egencia Meetings & Events goals and objectives
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to collaborate and complete tasks and projects in a team-focused environment
- Experience in program management; Project management certificate is an asset
- Working proficiency in another language is an asset
- Schedule flexibility –ability to work across multiple time zones and willing to travel on programs
- Client facing experience required
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia Group is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.