Detailed Job Description:
Brand Expedia group is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, inventive and influential technical leader to drive our product and technology roadmap that will enable significant growth of our Insurance business. As the Engineering Manager, you will collaborate closely with business leaders and engineering leaders to build a platform and deliver products that enable the Insurance business to delight millions of our customers. You will be responsible for building industry-leading consumer-facing products, supplier tools and partner connectivity that enables an optimal supply-demand loop.
You will partner with our product management and supply teams to envision, create and build a platform that will operate with a high degree of operational excellence, wow our suppliers and inspire our industry peers. You will also be the go-to-person for questions, anticipate developers' needs, lead architecture, be a tie-breaker and evangelize the platform. In this role, you are someone who stays up to date with tools, trends, technologies, and frameworks both industry-wide as well as within Expedia and then share that knowledge in a meaningful way with your team and peers.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES -
- Work with stakeholders to define business requirements.
- Deliver results on complex projects involving cross-functional teams across the company.
- Solve Problems and explore solutions to current tools, processes, and systems.
- Lead talented engineers, who enjoy working on creative solutions, building large scale systems and who thrive in a fast-paced fun environment.
- You will lead technical discussions, be a subject matter expert and make difficult technical decisions.
- Foster a culture of continuous engineering improvement through mentoring, feedback, and metrics
- Own and champion engineering and operational excellence through the establishment of group-wide metrics for measurement with a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement
- Set clear, measurable productivity quality goals for the Team and Individuals.
- Passionate to drive a better customer experience for Expedia
Basic Qualifications -
- A consistent track record as a software development leader, including 8+ years of technical experience as a software developer, software development manager, director or related role
- Over 3 years of experience building and managing diverse and global 12+ person teams that design and deliver the software product
- Over 2 years of experience in owning product work. Including; budgets and presenting resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners
- Over 3 years of experience operating a complex system that is highly reliable
- Driven Player/Coach who's been successful hiring and developing software engineers to become high performing engineers
- Hands-on technical management, people management, and mentoring experience
- Experience coding in one of the following Java, React or related coding languages.
- BS/MS in Computer Science (In lieu of degree, relevant work experience).
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done
Preferred Qualifications –
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels, from the new college hire engineer to an executive audience
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically and tactically.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex web software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Has passion and convictions and the innate ability to inspire passion in others
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.