Expedia Group is one of the largest online travel companies in the world, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes some of the world’s leading online travel brands. Collectively, the Expedia Group brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia Group portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury.
Tier 3 Customer Service Agents are responsible for handling Expedia’s highest level of service issues to ensure our travelers’ critical issues get resolved in an efficient and timely manner. Agents provide knowledge and expertise to all Expedia Operation Centers and partner businesses to effectively resolve any service-related issues, while taking into account both the needs of the traveler and the business and supporting Expedia’s retention initiatives through three focus areas: research, service (via phone), and operations.
- Resolve inbound customer service problems for high level consults and customer escalations by clarifying the customers and/or Tier 2 Customer Service Representative ask; figure out cause of the problem; select and explain the best solution to solve the problem with CSR and/or customer; for all Expedia lines of business to represent Expedia with the upmost professional and positive manner.
- Communicate company/vendor policies, reiterate legal scripts, and maintain quality standards
- Research, analyze and resolve customer (internal and external) issues in an accurate and timely manner by using appropriate tools and resources to assess situations and craft appropriate resolutions, while retaining ownership of the issue.
- Effectively resolves highly escalated issues and analyze to resolve root cause of customer concerns.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with agents, peers, management, corporate, network, coworkers, and partners.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Regular on-site attendance required. While operating in Service, have ability to periodically remain after shift ends to ensure all calls are answered after closing.
- Effectively track and report any type of call and/or service issues
- Meet monthly departmental KPI’s
Required skills and experience:
- Traveler-focused with the ability to work effectively and professionally with both internal and external customers.
- Advanced analysis skills to include skill in situational analysis and risk mitigation. Demonstrated strong research skills in all lines of Business.
- Ability to work in high stress environment; handling stress in a professional manner and without disruption to the operation, employees, or customers.
- History of making good decisions and skilled in fair and impartial judgment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to assess the customer and adjust communication style accordingly.
- Excellent social skills with ability to positively influence others.
- Strong technical skills and computer knowledge, including all Microsoft Office programs, Glassbox, Sabre, Amadeus, Worldspan, and GDS knowledge. Proficiency with Website and Functionality.
- Thorough and complete knowledge of travel industry procedures, policies and applications.
- Ability to identify business inconsistencies and/or red flags.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and follow-through in a timely manner.
- Ability to adapt well to change.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
Physical demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that should be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for up to four hours at a time.
- Have a clear and pleasant phone voice at all times.
- Ability to listen to customers via phone system.
- Regular typing, use of mouse, and ability to write regularly for eight hours or more.
- Ability to operate computer and other equipment around the office.
- Work environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hours of operation for the center are 7 days per week and are dependent on business need. Have complete shift flexibility during this time.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We passionately strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with modesty and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.