The EPS Controllership team empowers delivery of EPS organizational goals through financial intelligence and operational excellence. You will be responsible for liaising with internal and external teams to support the rapid growth of the B2B business, proactively driving continuous improvement in execution. Further, you will serve as a trusted advisor, working closely with many teams including EPS Commercial, Product, Finance, and Technology teams as well as Corporate departments (Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Corporate Audit Services, Global Payments, and Global Customer Operations).
What you’ll do
- Engage with cross-functional teams on the design and implementation of strategic business initiatives
- Gather, document, and lead the delivery of business cases, project scope and requirements documents, test plans, and rollout communications
- Ensure all new initiatives and improvements are delivered with sound financial flows by defining upfront financial requirements needed to business owners
- Liaise with business partners to understand their needs and implement end to end accounting and financial process flow solutions
- Support the business development teams by providing guidance in negotiations that enhance financial processes
- Build and maintain strong relationships with business partners within EPS and across Expedia Group
- Provide input and guidance on the integration of EPS’ financial and business processes
- Responsible to review draft contracts to ensure it is understood and can be executed
- Explain financial concepts and technical details to non-financial business partners
- Stay abreast on all applicable project discussions
- Lead user acceptance testing, report on progress and proactively identify and raise awareness of blockers
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- CPA designation preferred
- 5+ years in finance and/or accounting operations with forward-thinking growth in responsibilities, Public Accounting Experience is a plus
- Innovative thinker with ability to recommend unique solutions to address complex problems
- Professional “can do” work ethic, with the ability to balance conflicting tasks
- Experience working in an international environment with teams across multiple time zones
- Advanced Excel skills with experience of handling large and complex data sets
- Experience building Excel models and reports using complex formulas
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Experience with the following systems strongly preferred: Oracle, Tableau, Business Objects
- Established and consistent track record of building solid, successful relationships with internal and external business partners
- Ability to successfully run multiple projects/tasks, delivering against competing priorities
- Ability to coordinate activities across diverse internal and external teams
- Ability to influence others utilizing excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a team member
- Receptive and adaptive to a rapidly changing business environment while maintaining focus on key business goals and objectives
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS)
The travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We unlock the power of Expedia Group for thousands of travel partners around the world and create the tools & technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect accommodation, car hire, & flights for their next trip. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an ambitious collaborative and truly international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and –making sure we have fun while we’re doing it!
Why build your career at EPS?
- We're re-inventing travel, one day at a time -- it's an exciting challenge. We're super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don't do ordinary.
- We work with some really smart partners - from loyalty marketing whiz kids to the world's leading airlines and travel agents.
- We're a team of hardworking, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
- We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn't that cool?
- We want everyone on our team to have the resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in beautifully designed offices around the world
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.