Do you want to revolutionise the way we travel? At Vrbo, part of the Expedia Group we are a world leader in the holiday rental industry with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect beach house, cottage, or apartment for any getaway.
Our mission is to make every holiday rental in the world available to every traveler through our online marketplace and we're committed to helping families and friends find the perfect holiday rental to create unforgettable travel memories together.
About the role
As a Senior Frontend Engineer you will solve problems of scale and work on cutting edge and open-source technologies. Our culture is one that strives on solving difficult problems focusing on product engineering based on hypothesis testing to empower people to come up with ideas.
You will be motivated by emerging technologies and have a real desire to work in a collaborative and fast-paced traveling environment. Joining our Engineering team in Madrid at an exciting time with an ambitious roadmap to help Vrbo and the Expedia Group consolidate its position as a major player in the vacation rental world.
Being a part of Expedia Group, you will enjoy an open, collaborative and fun culture with a team who love coming to work every day – not just because we build amazing technology but also because we enjoy working together. You will also be eligible for a range of benefits so you can travel and enjoy the things that keep you fit and healthy, a competitive salary + bonus + eligibility for rewards including a stock plan and a meal allowances (because you who doesn’t love free food)!
What you'll do
- Implement innovative solutions aimed to build trust in our marketplace by increasing the fair and extensive ratings and reviews we collect
- Deliver different brand-new review experiences seen by thousands of people a day
- Develop fast, scalable, highly available, and reliable web apps scored in our pipeline with Lighthouse
- Deliver tested and optimized high performance code
- Contribute in the architectural design of our front-end platforms/products
- Help develop beautiful & intuitive user interfaces
- Utilize operational, user and business metrics to ensure continued operations and A/B test features to improve the user experience
- Develop features relying on event-driven data, micro services, and data science programming models
- Drive new features from inception to production, working across the company with product managers, UX designers and other teams in an agile environment
- Participate in our inner-source culture (Internal Open Source) by delivering high quality code that levels up not only your team but the entire organization
Who you are
- Nice to have: React, Node or a willingness to learn
- 5+ years of experience developing highly available enterprise web applications with state-of-the-art front-end web technologies
- Mobile first responsive design experience
- Cross-browser development & compatibility experience
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work well cross-functionally across multiple teams in English
- Passionate problem solver with a focus on high quality user experience
- Experience in some of the technologies we use and functional coding (desirable)
- Experience building cross-device email templates following best practices and tools (desirable)
- Native app development experience (desirable)
- Experience working in an agile team environment (desirable)
- Knowledge of A/B testing
- Experience in the e-commerce or the travel industry
- Experience in collaborating with geographically distributed teams
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary above market value and an annual target bonus;
- Work on cutting edge technologies with a passionate team who are active in the Technology community;
- Awesome benefits like health and wellness reimbursements (so you can do the things you love keeping fit);
- Travel benefits so your world is also within reach;
- Competitive salary and an annual target bonus;
- A strong learning and development culture where we invest in internal and external programs like Product Academy, Coaching Programs, Hackathons etc;
- Meal allowances everyday (because who doesn’t like free food)!
- Casual dress so you can be yourself at work.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.