Egencia is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Software Dev Engineer who can contribute to the success of our rapidly growing corporate travel business as the owner of all production environments and systems. We need a multi-talented individual who can take the lead on infrastructure design, handle the planning, monitoring and deployment of new features and be the representative of operational expertise on the Product Development Team & throughout Egencia.
What you’ll do:
· Design and implement scalable and reliable web applications and services
· Collaborate with other talented developers, both local and abroad, who are building and maintaining Egencia’s delivery systems
· Prototype creative solutions quickly by developing minimum viable products and work with others in crafting and implementing the technical vision
· Participate in code reviews to assess overall code quality and flexibility of Egencia applications while displaying good object-orientated programming techniques
· Drive continuous improvement in Egencia's software and development process within an Agile development team
· Provide proactive engineering and release deliverables, resulting in Products and services with more efficiency, lower risk, and reduced customer impact
· Have a complete understanding of Egencia's application functionality, system flow, and technology infrastructure
· Develop and demonstrate detailed, proactive ownership for supported systems, including configurations, monitoring and documentation
· Work closely with Product Development counterparts on requirements, solution design, issue identification and resolution, problem solving and planning related to production issues and software releases
· Own the Egencia Site Reliability Engineering deliverables within a project, such as Production requirements, Application Engineering design documents, and Release & Implementation plans
· Identify security and performance issues at multiple layers of deployment, from hardware, operating environment, network and application
· Provide feedback and guidance to product development teams on adherence to policies, standards, and operational best practices
· Establish and monitor key performance benchmarks
· Evaluate performance trends and expected changes in demand and capacity
· Provide technical expertise in identifying issues that impact release and service delivery
· Develop and maintain internal documentation.
Who you are: You’ll fit this role if you have:
· Strong technical proficiency in Groovy, Ruby, Mongo, GitHub, JSON/XML, REST web services, AWS and object-oriented design, Python
· Worked on container management systems such as Docker, AWS ECS, Kubernetes (must to have), Mesos & Marathon
· 5+ years overall development/DevOps experience with demonstrated growth in producing high performance, scalable web applications
· Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
· Clean and elegant technical designs are part of your DNA and you strive to instill that drive in others
· Experience in Agile/Scrum software development practices and a track record of learning from your actions to make positive adjustments
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a minimum of 10 years proven experience designing, implementing and supporting enterprise level transactional eCommerce systems;
· Experience with multi-tiered system operations in high volume transaction environments, including web, application, and database operational support and services;
· Thrive on tackling new challenges; your approach is to jump in with both feet and “roll up your sleeves”;
· Experience in a large scale Web and/or eCommerce environment;
· Experience managing environments using Java application servers such as Apache Tomcat
· Knowledge of the following tools an asset: NetScaler, Akamai, AppDynamics, Splunk, Keynotes, Chef and Jenkins
· Experience working in a 24x7 production environment;
· Experience providing operational support for Linux CertOS, Java, Apache HTTP, and Apache Tomcat
· Knowledge of SQL and database design concepts;
· Linux certifications
· Strong problem-solver; proven ability to sort through complex issues and actively participate in development of alternative solutions or approaches;
· Ability to produce results under constraints of time, budget, available expertise, existing applications and infrastructure;
· Must work well within a deadline-driven environment
· Proven experience with, and deep understanding of, performance tuning
Why join us :
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
#LI-FK1Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.