An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Finance Controllership team within Expedia Partner Solutions. Reporting to the Senior Director of Controllership, you will lead the Financial Operations remit responsible for partner commissions and revenue share payments supporting a multibillion-dollar portfolio. You will be pivotal in shaping this global function to meet the future needs of the rapidly growing and dynamic EPS business, while delivering operational excellence and proactively driving continuous improvement in execution.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of 13 responsible for best in class operational delivery of EPS partner payments and revenue share settlement statements to partners in a timely and accurate manner
- Drive operational excellence by enhancing current processes, practices, systems & tools, and financial controls
- Coordinate and lead cross-functional engagement with key stakeholders, both within EPS and across the Expedia Group, to ensure delivery of results
- Drive effective value-adding decision making across EPS through fostering a commercially focused business partnering mindset within your team
- Support the strategic implementation of EPS Partners by partnering with the Business Solutions team to identify and analyze partner implementation risks
- Collaborate with the global accounting team to ensure EPS contract terms are recorded in accordance with GAAP
- Provides oversight of SOX documentation and internal control procedures
- Provide coaching and mentorship, developing your team to be effective partners to our stakeholders
- Travel will be required
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if
- You have a real passion for results: you drive high standards for individual and team accomplishment; tenaciously work to meet or exceed challenging goals, and derive gratification from goal achievement and continuous improvement
- You are naturally curious and a self-starter with an exceptional ability to proactively and rapidly make sense of complex issues and respond effectively to complex and ambiguous situations
- You communicate in a focused and compelling way and effectively persuade key stakeholders to take action towards advancing shared goals
- You consistently retain a big picture focus while implementing detailed procedural change
- You are passionate about attracting, developing, engaging and retaining talented individuals; building a work environment where people can realize their full potential
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 12+ years in accounting or finance operations with progressive growth in responsibilities
- Demonstrable track record managing financial operations and successfully delivering business outcomes in a rapidly changing environment.
- Established and consistent track record of building solid, successful relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong understanding of internal controls, fraud and risk
- Ability to lead a team, work independently and deliver results in a timely and accurate manner; possess a proactive, hands-on approach to issue resolution
- Strong team developer and talent coach who thrives on developing their teams
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS)
The travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We unlock the power of Expedia Group for thousands of travel partners around the world and create the tools & technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect accommodation, car hire, & flights for their next trip. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic, collaborative and truly international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and –making sure we have fun while we’re doing it!
Why build your career at EPS?
- We're re-inventing travel, one day at a time -- it's an exciting challenge. We're super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don't do ordinary.
- We work with some really smart partners - from loyalty marketing whiz kids to the world's leading airlines and travel agents.
- We're a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
- We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn't that cool?
- We want everyone on our team to have the resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in beautifully designed offices around the world
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.