The successful CCS Air, Products & Platform (AP&P) Analyst is a knowledgeable reference point for fare filing and pricing questions. They will communicate efficiently and effectively with the Air Team on promotional fare material and externally with airlines on their products and offerings on Expedia’s global platforms. They will direct the actions of vendors processing quality controls against private fare data made available to our websites. They will also, on occasion, act as a consultant with Expedia’s development & test groups on Fares, Pricing, and Optional Services projects.
What you’ll do
- Assigned Key and Growth airlines with a global focus assisting airlines and Airline Account Managers with questions, filings, and necessary support.
- Working with the with all team members in AP&P to support ALC, Branded Fares, BFS, and Route Happy operations.
- Supporting your fellow AP&P team efforts in non-BEXG website efforts to ensure suppressions are in place and fares are filed, respond to queries from account or service managers and analysts, and working with multiple business owners to ensure access to their content is prepared for new integrations.
- Contributing your previous product or platform expertise to the team structure as the larger CSS organization transitions to new global models through sharing knowledge, contacts, and upskilling fellow members of AP&P.
- Assisting the Vendor/Trainer in setting curriculum to pass on support functions and help establish the Core Vendor support team.
- Developing best practices in the usage of ATPCo or Route Happy data as it would apply to Expedia platforms or product offerings therein.
- Understanding and clearly communicating the responsibilities that fall under CCS controls and processes.
- Consulting with development/test PMs on airline content projects.
- Documenting system-level logic processing discrepancies and transmitting it to the Trainer for operational integration.
- Identifying GDS processing logic discrepancies and shepherding corrections through the various engines deployed by Expedia.
- Developing rules coding work-around as applicable to each website’s underlying shopping and pricing technologies.
- Representing Expedia at industry development working groups, task forces, or other industry level discussions that have a material impact on Expedia’s product offerings.
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have
- Min. 3 years of experience in travel or technology industries (or both)
- Min. 3 years of experience in fare filing capacity / airline fare construction / GDS pricing
- Successful deployment of a highly developed attention to detail.
- A proven aptitude to work with multiple internal and external groups on a variety of issues affecting operational efficiency.
- Comfortable and effective performance in a self-directed work environment.
- Extensive knowledge of airline fares, optional services, and GDS pricing and ticketing.
- Subject matter expertise on fare filing and pricing questions.
- An ability to understand and comprehend airlines pricing, fare rules and restrictions in order to adequately research issues
- Ability to use and understand all internal and external business tools
- Self-motivated and able to work well with frequently shifting priorities
- Maintains confidentiality of data, documentation, projects, or other sensitive material.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.