The Unclaimed Property Tax Administrator will support Expedia Group’s growing Domestic Indirect Tax Operations Team. Expedia Group is a US based travel and technology company that owns and operates several domestic and international online travel brands including Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, trivago, Venere.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, and Vrbo.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee Expedia’s unclaimed property obligations by actively engaging with internal business groups to coordinate the proper identification and process management of Expedia’s unclaimed property
- Apply your unclaimed property knowledge to proactively identify, review and implement changes that ensure the accuracy and completeness of Expedia’s obligations
- Work closely with accounting team to reconcile unclaimed property, utilizing technology solutions such as Alteryx, Tableau and other RPA solutions to support large data sets
- Work as an integral part of the tax team
- Work with third party unclaimed property service providers to ensure Expedia’s compliance
- Effectively manage large compliance data sets
- Preform research and analysis and apply applicable laws to Expedia’s use tax obligations. Communicate and implement findings with various internal and external stakeholders
- Coordinate, review and prepare business property tax data with external service provider. Coordinate timely payment of property tax payments
- May also preform indirect tax project work as required on a variety of business advisory, financial reporting, transactional tax data, and tax research and analysis projects
- Actively engage in day to day activities to facilitate change for the better
- Work as an integral part of the tax team
Who You Are:
- Excellent researcher and problem-solver, who can analyze, compare, evaluate, reconcile and learn from tax data.
- Base level understanding of unclaimed property regulations and concepts with the ability to apply rules and concepts to the various compliance processes
- Strong communicator who knows when/how to ask questions, raise issues, and provide meaningful updates to the working team.
- You are easy to work with—flexible, engaged, and eager to do your best work as part of a broader team
- A multi-tasker, able to simultaneously work on multiple tasks while meeting strict due dates
- Self-starter who takes the initiative on project assignments, working diligently to identify issues and thoughtful questions
- Strong team player willing to assist in a variety of tax related areas
- You want to work in a dynamic work environment and have successfully done so in prior work experience
- You seek out and welcome internal and external feedback and can change your performance, deliverables, deadlines based on such feedback
- You are somebody who actively drives and/or facilitates change; you are not comfortable in the back seat
- Skilled user of Microsoft Office with an emphasis in managing large data sets in Excel
- You have successfully used, or have a desire to learn and use, automation tools such as UIPath, Tableau and Alteryx
- You love to collaborate with a diverse and interactive team in a professional and respectful way
- BA/BS degree in accounting or related field
- 3 to 6 years of tax experience in a corporate tax department or public accounting firm
- CPA license or actively working towards attainment is a plus, but not a required
- Masters in tax or accounting is a plus, but not required
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.