Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS) is the B2B partnership brand of Expedia Group - We bring the product, technology, and operations together to accelerate and take innovation to our partners. Our ambition is to unlock the power of Expedia for partners. Our mission is to fuel our partners' growth through our unique technology, travel supply, and support services.
EPS expertise spans across all industry segments, powering many areas of the travel industry: Online Travel, Loyalty and Membership Organizations, Corporate travel companies, Hotels, Airlines, Railways, Financial Institutions, Offline retail, and E-commerce Companies.
We are all about travel but also about state-of-the-art data technology, AI and ML. Data is our underlying foundation.
The only way to operate at our immense scale is to develop our technologies, explore cloud capabilities, taking advantage of the broader Expedia data engineering excellence on an exciting and collaborative test and learn environment.
We're looking for a Director of Data Engineering to drive EPS data products design, execution and operation.
What you’ll do
- As part of a larger Data Technology group, you will work closely the Head of Data Technology, collaborating with the Data Product, Data Platform, Business Intelligence leaders, located across London (UK), Springfield (MO), Chicago (IL) and Bellevue (WA).
- You will be a focal point for EPS data engineering technical direction.
- You will drive the technology strategy and execution across eCommerce, Search, Loyalty and Platform Performance domains.
- You will collaborate across Data Products, Architecture, and Engineering teams, providing technical and people strategy, guidance and architectural input into data product development.
- You provide technical coaching and mentorship across data engineering teams, fostering an environment of innovation, and inclusion on Cloud (AWS) and on-premise (Hadoop, Teradata) solutions.
- You will bring a holistic enterprise leadership view into data engineering domains.
- You are responsible for the implementation and delivery of high-quality data assets, cultivating a DataOps culture of "you run what you build".
- You provide a strategic influence across other technology teams, projects, and products to ensure risk-free initiatives and cost-effective solutions.
- Build and maintain engineering teams, through hiring and talent growth.
- Equips and support data engineering managers and their teams with the right skills and tools.
- You will lead roadmap technical planning, its' consistency, cross-domain solutions re-usage and alignment, disclosing dependencies and reducing risks.
- Ensure technical alignment across Expedia Group, for operational efficiency and high-standards adoption, while contributing back through inner-source and open-source context.
- Attract, recruit and manage top engineering teams; providing coaching and opportunities that balance personal and career growth.
- Create an environment and environment that values agility and organisation, capable of delivering complex products in small, frequent increments.
- You lead by example, inspire teams and the larger organisation to a long-term mindset, seeking to create scalable data pipelines, data engineering and business intelligence solutions.
Who you are;
You’ll fit in this role if you;
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and expertise of the data ecosystem, data modelling, data warehousing and big-data.
- You have a strong understanding of metadata, schemas, lineage, data quality.
- You have shown commitment to achieving challenging and complex goals.
- Proven experience in a data engineering role, designing high-scale relational and non-relational data products.
- You have eCommerce knowledge and deep understanding of transactional data flows at scale.
- Experience solving complex and large-scale data problems and successfully delivering large scale projects, as an individual and team leader
- You are a committed teacher and someone who enjoys developing people across engineering teams.
- You demonstrate outstanding communication, presentation, and influencing skills, with the ability to explain the technical strategy overview, details and challenges to a wide variety of peers and teams (including executive leadership).
- You know how to look at solutions in creative and unconventional ways, recognize opportunities to innovate and engage peers in vision and strategy.
- You can thrive in a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
- You kook for and take advantage of opportunities to learn new skills and develop strengths.
- Undertake objective, critical analysis to draw accurate conclusions that recognize and manage contextual issues.
Why join us;
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you want to help people to travel, go from anywhere to somewhere, by all means possible this is the job for you!
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.