This is an exciting opportunity to put your outstanding writing and research skills to work in a highly creative and performance-driven environment. In this role, you will scope, write and deploy multimedia learning content aimed at internal Expedia Group teams.
We are looking for a strong writer able to extract the essential facts and information and deliver them through compelling, innovative and impactful audiovisual stories, while successfully handling multiple stakeholders and your production timeline.
We develop learning content across a mix of media and have a platform that our audiences are highly engaged with. Our video content is a mix of live action and animation, using external resources from the point of production to outsource the specialist skills of shooting, animation and editing.
If you like finding creative, innovative approaches to express ideas and concepts to make them easy to understand and internalize, we’d very much like to meet you. Your role will include choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the needs of each specific project. The work demands the perfect mix of creativity and organization, up-to-date knowledge of industry software, an interest in video and audio content and a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines.
What You’ll Do:
- Build compelling multimedia content (video and audio) for a global audience of thousands of Expedia Group employees.
- You will turn complex information into simple yet compelling audiovisual pieces helping Expedia Group audiences acquire knowledge and skills.
- Writing scripts and research represent the most important part of your role.
- Interpret and build briefs by gathering information and data through research to generate creative concepts that exceed business needs
- Show initiative whilst researching the content and look for opportunities to make it engaging for the audience and solve the business problem / land the business change
- Develop ideas that simplify the complex, using the right media to execute flawlessly in a collaborative environment
- Writing scripts / storylines that bring your content to life!
- Scope and design in collaboration with external vendors ensuring smooth handover into production (i.e. Animation / live-action shoot).
- Able to conduct interviews from behind the camera to elicit the responses we need for the content
- Able to brief, work on site with external creatives and give constructive feedback to make sure the content is exceptional and achieves our objectives - is on brand and uses the right tone of voice for the relevant audience
- Plan and lead own timeline on each project
- Brief and manage the external creatives who will produce the content (animation, live action and editing)
- Build strong relationships with key internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to support design and signoff content
- Prioritize the creation of content and collaborate with colleagues to align to wider timelines
- Consider and plan the way the media content will be deployed and displayed to the audience by collaborating with colleagues both in and out of the immediate team to ensure a successful launch
- Integrate the media content into relevant delivery mechanism (classroom, virtual, online) and ensure it links to publishing tool’s analytics to enable reporting
- Ensure content is accurate and compliant at time of production
Who You Are:
- 50/50 blend of creativity and organization. Here’s what your role that looks like
- Exceptional writing skills! to articulate ideas and content through language for both narration and conversational scripts.
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts and business problems into very simple and audience friendly language
- Self motivated, self aware and able to drive collaborative success with limited guidance
- Autonomously create solutions and articulate complex concepts and ideas to a broad audience
- Creative in developing solutions to problems; Strong ability to effectively consult, communicate and collaborate to get to the core business problems and identify the best media solution to solve them
- Independently joining the dots on content’s potential across a variety of channels
- Excellent communication skills with ability to handle both executive leadership and operational teams, adapting style and medium to different audiences as needed
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Excellent time and workload management skills
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Experience using Microsoft Office & Mac
- Experience in planning the production of media work would constitute an advantage
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize based on the needs of the business, strong eye for detail
- Some experience using Final Cut Pro or other audio and video editing software such as Adobe Premiere would be plus but majority of content is edited using external team
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.