The online travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it.
Expedia Partner Solutions leverages the best of the Expedia Group’s partner-facing APIs and template products with a laser focus on B2B, powering hundreds of partners around the world. As the Expedia Group’s partner-focused arm, EPS’ mission is to provide its partners with solutions to fuel their growth. EPS partners with businesses across a wide range of verticals, including loyalty programs, airlines, travel agents, corporate travel management companies and online retailers who remarket EPS rates and availabilities to their travelers. Partners can access EPS products in the way that best suits their business, whether that is a fully customizable environment through EPS APIs or an ‘off-the-shelf’ white-label or co-branded template solution offering or its agent tools. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration
What you'll do:
- Manage large TAAP (template product) accounts based in the ANZ region
- Drive growth, improve retention and strategic relationships of large TAAP accounts
- Responsible for increasing share of wallet and account retention, developing and growing large TAAP partners, both newly acquired and existing
- Focused on strategic account management and performance management by building C-level strategic relationships and acting as a trusted advisor to TAAP accounts at HQ-level
- Identifies API transition potential TAAP accounts and gauges initial feasibility, requirements and interest of potential opportunity with partner
- For selected accounts you will perform additional API transition activities
- Work closely with Business Development Manager in the region in ensuring smooth handover and/or transition
- Also work closely with internal functions and Director in the region in looking at metrics, data, commercials and keep up-to-date including best practice sharing of TAAP tools and processes
You will organize your activity based on the value it delivers to the partner and EPS, we would expect those to include:
Strategic Account Management
- Identify needs of partner and develop a tactical plan to support commercial activities
- Build C-level relationships to become preferred partner and a trusted advisor to partners at HQ-level
- Evangelize TAAP desktop value proposition with partners to maximize adoption and SOW
Reporting / Performance Management
- Monitor account performance and understand whether specific competitor actions, marketing activities, product adoption or partner strategic moves explain performance
- Develop and facilitate QBRs with partners highlighting performance across their business and growth opportunities with wider use of TAAP
Partner-specific Marketing Activities
- Develop co-marketing plan / budget for the year to drive customer bookings
- Coordinate with partner marketing department to identify required mutually beneficial marketing activities
- Design promotions (e.g. strategy, materials)
Customer Support / GCO Coordination
- Identify major customer request categories and understand emerging concerns
- Work with GCO to understand which existing solutions can be leveraged (e.g. BEX elite phone-line) and how to provide a faster response to key partners
- Transactional Management
- Resolve partner commission related issues that are more strategic (e.g. grant good will gestures concerning commission adjustments)
- Train agents at partner conferences/road-shows or directly in important travel shops (e.g. speak to individual agents that don’t use TAAP yet)
- Work with GSA Country Manager to ensure GSA understands solutions that were tailored to specific customers in order to train agents effectively
- You will need to connect with GSAs and/or Retail Distribution team for large TAAP account issues:
- Recurring GCO themes and unresolved issues
- Customized partner solutions requiring specific agent training
- Presentations and promotions requiring coordination
- Will involve and closely work with the Unified BD and/or Unified AM when identifying an API opportunity on a case-by-case basis for support
Who you are:
You'd be great for this role if you have/ are able to:
- Proven track record in building, growing and developing high performing teams
- Measurable success in building partnerships within the ANZ travel market
- At least 5 years of experience in sales/account management with successful track record of driving revenue growth for partner accounts
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Outstanding analytical, numerical and problem solving skills, must be able to use data to identify underlying trends and make informed commercial decisions
- Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Solution based approach to sales with a good understanding of technology
- Strong customer focus and relationship building relationships both internal and external
- Excellent background in working with senior management, including C-Level executive
- Outstanding communication, sales and negotiation skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft office products including Power Point and other CRM systems
- Strong organization skills and intense attention to details such as billing, contract terms, commissions.
- You are creative, proactive and self-motivated, compelling and “executive level” eye for business
- Proven track record in influencing multiple stakeholders to get things done.
- Strong commercial instinct and entrepreneurial drive combined with ability to be creative, take initiative and take risks
- Capacity to identify and keep up to date on global trends that effect industry and organization
- Team-player; able build unquestioning relationships and deliver projects on time
- Ability to display excellent judgment through sound, well-informed decision-making
- Travel background preferred. Consistent and proven track record in successfully managing key accounts in a retail environment
Why join us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.