The International Operations and Traffic Analytics team drives performance analysis and service availability (transaction performance, success rate and error conditions) through proactive monitoring, analytics and incident response. This role is focused on supporting the production environment through detecting service errors and escalating to Engineers and Developers.
- application log analysis and enhancements that allow Expedia Worldwide Engineering (EWE) applications to better instrument for availability and performance (uptime, success rate, and user experience);
- monitoring enhancements and automation, triggering from new health measurements;
- identify and partner with application teams for performance improvements based on findings;
- partner with development teams to ensure relevant metrics are fed into the system for centralized reporting;
- creation of custom alerts, dashboards and reports needed for EWE App Dev, Eng, Ops and NOC.
- you will also contribute to the analysis, design & development of features to improve operations as a strong individual contributor.
- Proactively monitor the health of websites/application and related services
- Contribute to incident response on critical issues related to Applications and Infrastructure.
- Identification/detection of trends/patterns on dashboards Provide Ops Support for Change, Releases and Incidents.
- Use various tools like Splunk, Catchpoint, Tealeaf, Omniture, Graphite, AppDynamics, etc. along with some in-house solutions to do deep dive analysis.
- Work with various internal Dev, App Eng and Ops teams to monitor and analyze User Experience patterns and understand their business and technology requirements.
- Support application deployments and Onboarding of new Services that require Monitoring Support.
- Work towards automation of manual tasks where ever possible.
- Understanding and following processes and knowledge documents with integrity. Also creating and updating knowledge documents.
Knowledge and Skill Required:
- 1.5 to 3 years’ experience in Web Operations, Web Analytics, Application Support or Dev Ops role
- Should be able to construct complex SQL queries, experience in Splunk/Kibana preferred
- Knowledge and experience of AWS components like EC2, Lambda, Cloudwatch, ELB.. – would be an advantage
- Understanding of design, development & integration experience on cloud platforms (i.e. AWS) in a continuous delivery environment.
- Experience in Integration tools and technologies like AWS Lambda, API Gateway, Snaplogic, Active MQ, Rest API, PagerDuty (for telephony based collaboration) is a plus.
- Programming experience on any of the languages like Python, R, PHP, Angular JS, Node.js, Java, C#, etc.
- Experience in NoSQL or non-relational databases like MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc is a plus. If not understanding of Data Modeling, Queries, etc. on MySQL, MS-SQL, Oracle.
- Experience in Cloud & Enterprise based monitoring tools, such as, Splunk, Cloudwatch, CatchPoint, Seyren etc. is a plus.
- Experience in Developer Process Automation (CI/CD & Code Management) like tuning and utilizing tools, such as, Jenkins, GitHub, Perforce, Docker etc.
- Monitoring, Event Management, Analytics experience.
- Understanding of large-scale, complex systems from a reliability perspective.
- Drive to ensure user experience and strong customer-centric point-of-view.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other Site Reliability Engineers, Developers and Program Managers.
- Strong knowledge/understanding of ITIL support processes and methodologies, e.g. Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Level Management, Change Management, Capacity Management, Availability Management, etc.
- Ability to learn new languages, systems, and frameworks quickly.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.