At Hotels.com, helping our customers find the perfect place and wake up happy is an exciting mission for our Technology team. As well as delivering awesome features and offering an unsurpassed hotel search and booking experience, we want to make sure we're always available for our customers.
We are seeking a highly skilled engineer to help with the evolution of our Kubernetes based platform. You will play a key role in improving the Developer Experience we offer, as well as increasing the efficiency, reliability and scalability of the Hotels.com website and its associated properties.
- You possess a deep understanding of DevOps and Agile methodologies and concepts.
- You are an excellent coder in languages like Java and Go, and comfortable with TDD, code reviews, technical discussions and pair programming in a collaborative team.
- You have had significant exposure to Docker and resource scheduling with Kubernetes.
- You have deployed and operated software at scale and understand the challenges this can bring.
- You are comfortable operating in a Linux terminal, and are well versed in Bash.
- You have experience of Cloud computing and have professional exposure to Amazon Web Services offerings.
- You live and breathe automation and have a firm grasp of Continuous Delivery and Deployment principals.
- You understand Firewalls, DNS, TCP/IP and networking concepts and how to apply them to a Cloud-based environment.
- You will contribute to the design and operation of our Cloud platform that leverages resource scheduling and containerization to bring increased flexibility, scalability and efficiency to Hotels.com infrastructure.
- You will be expected to cultivate relationships with engineers across multiple teams and other technology partners to understand their needs.
- You will provide mentorship and technical direction to other teams and evangelize best practices and methodologies.
- Where needed, contribute to open source projects we rely on.
Why work at Hotels.com?
- You'll get to work with some spectacular people both from the technology team and wider business
- We work hard to craft a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career
- We have many of the best bits of a start-up but with the resources of the world's biggest travel company
- We love open source and actively participate in the open source community
- We regularly run hackathons where you can branch out of your usual area to contribute something different and creative
- We host and speak at meet ups
- We want everyone on our team to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in a lovely, comfortable office in a nice, central part of London
Hotels.com is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.